We recognize that vacations are not just an investment, but often the highlights of our lives, and we take that responsibility seriously. We want to ensure you have the best vacation experience. Interested in a job in travel? Click here to learn: How to Become a Travel AgentJump to section: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
|Five Favorite Tahiti Experiences|
From romantic orange sunsets to tranquil lagoons of bright-emerald waters, Tahiti and her Islands are a land of breathtaking natural beauty. But venture beyond her dramatic beaches and you’ll discover a side of Tahiti that will stir your cultural curiosity. A mix of Maohi and European influences, pristine beaches and lush green peaks, Tahiti’s people, lands and experiences have no shortage of diversity and intrigue. Whether you hike the islands’ evergreen trails, savor traditional Tahitian food or explore its artistic wonders, there’s so much more to Tahiti than white-sand beaches. While Tahiti’s adventures are never-ending, here are five of our favorite ways to explore the other side of Tahiti.
1) Experience a Mountain Safari by 4-Wheel Drive: From crossing the island of Tahiti via the Papenoo valley, the Belvedere lookout point on Moorea to Bora Bora’s famed mount Otemanu, the islands offer rich archaeological sites and spectacular views of impressive waterfalls.
2) Enjoy “Ma’a Tahiti” traditionally cooked in a Tahitian oven: “Ma’a Tahiti” is cooked in a traditional “ahima’a”, a Tahitian earth oven. The main ingredients include succulent suckling pig, “fafa” (chicken and taro leaves), breadfruit, taro and other root vegetables, and delicacies such as “po’e”, a sweet dish made with baked bananas, papaya and other fruit. Pour creamy coconut milk over it all and slurp it up with your fingers!
3) Visit a Marae: The open-air sanctuaries called “marae” were once the center of power in ancient Polynesia. These large, stone structures, akin to temples, hosted the important events of the times including the worship of the gods, peace treaties, celebrations of war, and the launch of voyages to colonize distant lands.
4) Explore the Paul Gauguin Museum: An amazing retrospective on the life of Paul Gauguin, the famous French artist who spent his final years in Polynesia. Gauguin's art had a profound influence on the primitive and exotic painters and sculptors of the 20th century.
Did you know? Gauguin was a stockbroker who painted in his spare time, he left behind his bourgeois existence in France and sailed to the South Seas in search of a life of ecstasy. During his stay, Gauguin became deeply enmeshed in Polynesian society and culture. His use of vivid colors and roughly defined shapes gave special meaning to moments of everyday island life.
5) Explore Lava Tubes: For the Adventurous! - The Lava Tubes of Hitiaa are incredible underground galleries with water running through them, and they are fascinating to explore. It is advisable to go with a guide by four-wheel drive vehicle and then by foot. Situated on the rocky east coast, the lava tubes are of volcanic origin and are enclosed by channels of a narrow cave that have been penetrated by water.
Vincent Vacations - Authorized Five Favorite Tahiti Experiences Travel Tips - Vacation Planner
Questions? Call us at
1 (888) 976-0061
For Groups of 10
or more rooms, or 8 or more Cabins, please use of Group Form
Click Here for our Group Department
Click on a location below to learn more. We recognize that vacations are not just an investment, but often the highlights of our lives, and we take that responsibility seriously. We want to ensure you have the best experience.
All of these are signs that you are a great fit to become an independent travel agent, and turn your love of travel from passion into profit!Learn More
Our motto at Vincent Vacations is, we go so you know! We want to ensure you have the BEST experience, whether it's a river cruise, or a corporate group incentive trip, we want to ensure your vacation is a success.
Many of our travel agents have been in travel since 2002! With Vincent Vacations, all travel components are taken care of - this includes accommodations, air, transfers, tours, activities, insurance, contracts, EVERYTHING.
Destination weddings, Anniversaries, vow renewals, honeymoons, engagements, elopements, retie the knot, babymoons, proposal trips and more
Corporate group retreats and incentive trips, seniors-only river cruises, friends & family getaways, special group anniversary celebrations and more
All-inclusive resorts, Hawaii, cruises, Europe, African Safaris, exotic Fiji and the islands, there are so many travel options for families
Adventures by Disney, Disney Cruise Lines, Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Resorts, Aulani, Universal, MyDisneyExperience, Disney Genie, characters dining, and more
We know Europe! Paris, London, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Swiss Alps, Prague, Amsterdam, Venice, Athens, Vienna, Madrid, let's go!
Ocean cruising, river cruising, yacht charters, expeditions, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, Viking, Lindblad, there are so many options when it comes to cruising
We create custom travel itineraries and trips, and we know travel - Whether it's Universal, river cruises, safaris, yacht charters, Australia, Thailand and more!Get A Free Quote
In travel since 2002, and in business since 2013, our travel team serves clients all over the US! Planning a vacation away from home takes a great team. We have taken the time to build a team of dedicated, smart, hard-working personnel who are each committed to excellence and service. We work side-by-side, creating and ensuring INCREDIBLE vacation experiences for you and your group. Our store front in-office team, and our travel consultant independent contractors, work all around the US.
In business since 2013, we are your #1 source for travel!Free Vacation Package Quote