Solo Trip to Costa Rica
Read more >
Michelle was a great help! First international traveler and she was able to answer my questions and ...
"Heather Huber was awesome in planning our recent trip to Costa Rica.
It was our first time in Costa Rica and absolutely fell in love. Heather was awesome in helping with any questions or concerns we had. Transportation was easy and the resort was beautiful.
We will definitely use Heather for all of our trips going forward."
- Layne Nickel - Edmond, Oklahoma Read More Testimonies >
Interested in becoming a travel agent? CLICK HERE to learn more!
You want to visit Costa Rica! Awesome, we can help get you there. But one of the questions we’ll ask in helping you do so is what you’d like to see and do there. Relax? Explore nature? Seek adventure? All the above and more? Probably. There is just so much available, we’ll need to talk about what your priorities are. To help, we’ve put together a list of eight of the best activities to do during your visit. After reading let us know what’s on the top of yours!
1. Hiking – An activity that likely is top of mind
when you think of Costa Rica and there certainly is no shortage of places to do so. Volcanoes, beaches, cloud forests – the choice is
yours. Once that’s settled, think about the level
of difficulty you’re comfortable with. These
two things will help in the best recommendation. Additionally, it is suggested you consider
guided hikes. Your expert leader will be able to
provide general assistance and a trained eye
to spot wildlife.
2. Surfing – Surfers from around the world frequent Costa Rica year-round because of its warm waters and waves. Choose your coast – Pacific or Caribbean, select your level of experience – beginner, intermediate, or advanced. We can even make some recommendations. If you’re in need of a lesson, they’re typically easy to find, even just by stepping foot on some beaches!
3. Snorkeling and Scuba – Wildlife sightings aren’t limited to land. There are 7,000+ marine species that can be found in Costa Rica’s surrounding waters. So, it is no surprise that it is on the top of the list for water activities. If you’re a snorkeler, think about if you’d like to do so by boat or shore. If a diver, we can help recommend dive sites. Just let us know your level of experience.
4. Whitewater Rafting – Costa Rica provides a stunning background for this adventure. There are a few areas that would be recommended if this is something you’d like to do. Beginner or advanced, let us know what intensity of rapids you’re comfortable with, and we can point you in the right direction. If the kiddos are up for the challenge, there are some options that are suitable for them too. It’s a great family activity!
5. Visit Waterfalls – Some of the most picturesque sights in Costa Rica can be found at its numerous waterfalls. After all, there’s something so magical about water cascading over a cliff to the pools below. There are plenty of options to choose from, just keep in mind a few things. Some falls will require a hike to access, entrance fees will vary, and some allow swimming while others do not. Also consider a guided tour if you won’t have access to a rental car during your stay.
6. Zip Lining – If you’ve Googled “excursions in Costa Rica” you’ve likely seen a picture of someone effortlessly flying over green canopy, rivers, and cliffs. It’s a very popular activity that can be found all over the country. You should expect a safety demo and a short hike. Then you’ll glide line by line, each getting a little longer than the one before. If you’re an adrenaline seeker this is a must do! If not, we wouldn’t recommend it. Do not invest money in something if you’re not 100% comfortable with.
7. Bird Watching – It isn’t unusual for people to travel to Costa Rica for this very reason. Some enthusiasts even build a whole itinerary around this activity. There is 900+ species and most often seen will likely be toucans, macaws, and hummingbirds. Because the country is so eco-diverse, make a couple of watching stops. Don’t forget your binoculars and camera!
8. Yoga – Yes, you read that right! Costa Rica is indeed a haven for yoga lovers. You could see or take a class quite literally anywhere – a resort, beach, volcano, or rainforest. If you’re a beginner, give it a try at least once. If you’re a wellness enthusiast and it’s your reason for travel, it belongs on your list. Think wellness retreat, group trip for your studio, location for instructor training or continuing education.
There you have it, some of the best that Costa Rica has to offer! Of course, there’s a ton more that isn’t listed, so if you have any questions let us know. If you’re ready to explore all that Costa Rica has to offer, reach out!
Travel to Costa Rica has increased in popularity over the last few years. Reason
being is that there are things there that are bound to please everyone in your
travel party. But, if it’s your first time, we wanted to mention a few things to keep
in mind as you explore this wonderland.
1. Preserve the ecology. An eco-lover’s paradise that should go untouched. Hard work keeps it that way. Do not litter either.
2. It can be expensive. Park entry fees can run high as do rental cars and eating out. Don’t forget to tack on a 10% service charge and 13% tax to your meals.
3. Consider visiting during the rainy season. Vegetation will be lush and green, there will be fewer people and rates are generally lower. We do suggest you avoid travel during October. That’s when rain is heaviest, and businesses often shut down.
4. What to pack. Think about activities you’ll be doing as well as the weather. Pack the right footwear for hiking and water activities. Don’t forget sun protection – block, glasses, hat, etc. No matter the time of year, rainy season or not, a rain jacket or poncho.
5. Drink from the tap. Yes, it’s safe! Pack a reusable water bottle and fill as needed. Reducing your use of plastic will not only save you money, but you’ll be helping the environment.
6. Money matters. Local currency and US Dollars are widely accepted. Cash or credit are just fine, too. Try to avoid the ATMs since the fees can be very outrageous.
7. Drive safe. Roads can be tricky as some aren’t in the best condition, and rain can further complicate things. If driving, consider a 4x4 vehicle…and insurance!
8. Learn some Spanish. Learn a couple of phrases that are widely used. The locals will thank you. If needed, pack a guide for quick reference.
9. Tipping is not mandatory.
10. Travel style. Let’s work together to determine what kind of travel would be the best for you. Would a guided, escorted tour that includes the highlights be the best bet, or are you wanting to go completely custom, maybe even with some local recommendations?
These are just some of the basics. Keep them in mind, and you can be assured that your experience will be comfortable. If you’d like us to put together an itinerary for you, we’d be more than happy to do so. As we drill down to specifics, we’ll include more tips and insider info!
Explore exotic landscapes, spot rare wildlife, and immerse yourself in colorful culture with a jam-packed Costa Rica travel package. Start your adventure in San Jose, the lively capital of this unique Central American country. From there, venture out to the coast to recline on pristine shares, or head deep into the rainforest in search of wildlife like tapirs, three-toed sloths, and rhinoceros beetles. If it’s epic views and soul-soothing solitude you’re seeking, a Costa Rica solo travel package could deliver you to the stunning Monteverde Cloud Forest. Whoever you travel with and wherever you visit, one thing is for sure: you’ll find the joy in pura vida, the simple life.
Travel agents specializing in Costa Rica travel.
With a seasoned travel agent ready to assist you, the natural wonders and distinct culture of traveling abroad are yours to discover! Explore colonial cities, ancient ruins, hidden cenotes, and architectural treasures, and create a new experience every time you visit. In the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico, discover a fascinating blend of sun, culture, and archaeological ruins, and astounding beauty. In Central Mexico, discover charming UNESCO World Heritage colonial cities. The diversities are fascinating. From golden sand beaches and jungle forests of the Pacific Coast to the Land's End and endless horizons in the Sea of Cortes. We can help you arrange a vacation you will not soon forget.
Unspoiled, unhurried and uncrowded. Fiji is the land of happiness in the heart of the South Pacific, blessed with over 300 tropical islands. Here you'll find classic images of an island paradise - turquoise lagoons, sun-drenched beaches and swaying palm trees.
But it's the people that make the islands so special and the hospitality is warm and welcoming. Take time to mingle with the locals and relax. You will enjoy their genuine nature. Experience the true Bahamas. From its pristine naturan beauty to a host of water and land sports. We can help you plan an unforgettable vacation, whether you are seeking a romantic escape or an activity-filled stay. Everyday you'll find something new to discover.
Like sparking jewels in crystal-clear waters, the islands of the Caribbean and Bermuda beckon travelers to discover the natural beauty and unique culture each one has to offer. Explore World Heritage sites, spectacular beaches, tropical rainforests, and more. The Caribbean and Bermuda is where all the senses come to life. See the beauty of the natural landscapes. Hear the rhythm of Caribbean music. Smell the fragrances of tropical flowers, and taste the diversity of the Caribbean cuisine. Whether you seek an adventure-filled vacation or a leisure stay soaking in the local culture, a memorable vacation awaits. Let us make it easy and help you arrange your perfect experience on the island or islands of your choice.
Explore the Caribbean islands onboard a private crewed catamaran, for up to 10 of your closest friends or family in five cabins. Relax as your captain navigate over turquoise waters from one exotic port to the next, while your chef prepares delectable meals to enjoy onboard or on a secluded beach.
Your journey embarks from one of five Moorings’ bases, on a luxury crewed catamaran, like a fabulous floating resort, with a dedicated crew providing the utmost in personalized service onboard. At each tranquil anchorage, you will have the chance to explore the culture, shop in charming boutiques, sample local delicacies, or stroll on a white-sand beach of a new island. Each day is a new discovery of experiences you won’t soon forget.
From stunning seascapes to rare wildlife and granite and coral islands, your experience in the Maldives or Seychelles will be as unforgettable as these worlds-away locations in the Indian Ocean.
Comprising 26 atolls and 1,190 islands dating back 2,500 years, the Republic of Maldives is a serene masterpiece in natural landscaping and home to one of the world’s most diverse underwater marine life. Its capital, Malé, is easily reached by ferry from the main airport.
The Republic of Seychelles is a 115-island archipelago of legendary and unspoiled beauty, between 4º and 10º south of the equator. The inner islands cluster around the islands of Mahé, Praslin, and La Digue, and are renowned for their granite formations and stunning beaches.
Morning - Prepare for a two-tank dive, exploring a vibrant thila (submerged reef) and an overhang full of soft corals. Nondivers can snorkel or relax on board.
Afternoon - Set anchor at a virgin island. Divers can explore the open waters on a channel dive; nondivers can water-ski or tube in the lagoon. Later, enjoy a relaxing massage on the beach.
Evening - Take a fishing trip aboard a local dhoni boat and enjoy sunset at sea with cocktails. Set anchor and savor a BBQ dinner on a beautiful sandbank. See video highlights of the day with after-dinner drinks in the lounge.
Cruises and Inclusions -
All cruise packages aboard Four Seasons Explorer include:
• Seaplane and speedboat transfers
• Diving and recreational activities
• Full-board meals, bottled water, and nonalcoholic
beverages for up to two • Fresh fruit in your stateroom upon arrival
• Luxurious accommodations onboard
Northward Cruise: Three Nights -
Sail from Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa to Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru via the Malé and Baa atolls.
Southward Cruise: Four Nights -
Discover four secluded atolls between Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru and Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa.
Circuit Cruise: Seven Nights -
Visit five atolls on the ultimate dive cruise.
With over 15 years in travel, we have the experience, background, and certifications to make sure your destination wedding is a huge success.Learn More
A Preferred Sandals Specialist specializes in selling Sandals. These agents and their agencies receive recognition not only from Sandals as a loyal partner...Learn More
Just got back from NOW Larimar Resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic yesterday. Just wanted to thank you for all your help with our travels! This place was wonderful!!!!! We really had a great time and cannot wait to go back.— Amy Grellner
a weeklong vacation to Costa Rica and a mother-daughter getaway to New York. Her advice and recommendations were spot on. Lia is great at understanding my needs and wants and customizing the perfect vacation for my family. Lia is my go-to travel agent and I look forward to many more great adventures booked through Vincent Vacations!— Jenelle Isaacson
Getting in touch with Lia was a whole new experience, she answered all my initial questions in that first phone call, had so many recommendations, and it was obvious she knew exactly what she was doing. By the time we hung up the first phone call, I had decided on a destination and venue (per Lia's suggestion). She was a God send!— Jenni Johnson